1. ELIGIBILITY: The Alameda County Community Food Bank Chalk Art Contest (“Contest”) is open to individuals age 6 and older (any child under the age of 12 must have their parents enter their artwork) who are residents of the United States (“Contestants”). Void wherever restricted or prohibited by law. This Contest is sponsored by The Alameda County Community Food Bank (ACCFB), P.O Box 2599, Oakland, CA 94614 (“Sponsor”). Officers, directors, agents, representatives of Sponsor, the legal, promotion and advertising agencies of any aforementioned entity, and their immediate family members, and each person or entity connected with the production or administration of the Contest, and each parent company, affiliate, subsidiary, agent and representative of any aforementioned entity are not eligible to participate for prizes in this Contest. * Employees are encouraged to participate in a special promotion where separate prizes will be offered. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
2. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest Submission Period begins on April 28, 2021, at 12:01am Pacific Daylight Time (“PDT”),and ends on May 23, 2021 at 11:59pm PDT (the “Contest Submission Period”). ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED DURING THE CONTEST SUBMISSION PERIOD. By participating, Contestants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges and/or Sponsor, which are binding and final on matters relating to this Contest.
Only one (1) submission per natural person per email address.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Online Submissions only. ACCFB invites you to “Picture an End to Hunger.” You are welcome you to make your best chalk drawing of what that looks like to you including inspiration from these 3 statements: 1) Food is a basic human right, 2) Emerging Stronger Together, 3) Nourishing hopes and dreams, and share your art with them. The best submissions in each age category will be a winner. The categories are:
- Category 1: Children 12 and Under. Anyone entering in this category must have their parent/guardian upload the Submission and complete the entry form.
- Category 2: Minors 13-17. Anyone entering in this category must have their parent/guardian’s permission.
- Category 3: Adults 18 and older.
Here’s how to enter:
- Create your own chalk design measuring no smaller than 3 ft. x 3 ft on a concrete or asphalt surface, according to the Submission Guidelines section contained in these rules (“Submission Guidelines”), that exemplifies the theme “Picture an End to Hunger.”.
- Your design should reflect:
- The theme of “Picture an End to Hunger” and/or be inspired by any of these statements:
- Food is a basic human right
- Emerging stronger together
- Nourishing hopes and dreams
- Once you have created your masterpiece, take a high-resolution JPEG digital photograph (for best results) of the artwork, then access the entry page at accfb.org/chalkart and look for the “submit your art” tab to enter the Contest during the Contest Submission Period. If you are under the age of 13, you must have a parent or guardian complete the form. Please complete the Contest online entry form in its entirety, including all required contact information, and upload your chalk art design according to the directions on the screen (the “Submission”).
All contact information must be current, accurate and valid. Online Submissions must be received no later than May 23, 2021 at 11:59pm PDT according to Sponsor’s internal server time. No other methods of entry will be accepted, including submission by email. All Submissions received by the end of the Submission Period that are complete and otherwise qualified will be eligible to win (“Qualified Submissions”). Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Contestant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or violating these Official Rules. All Submissions become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, void, corrupted, garbled, illegible, or unintelligible submissions and those Submissions are void and will not be accepted; nor is Sponsor responsible for any problems, bugs or malfunctions Contestants may encounter when seeking to enter their Submissions.
4. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: Your Submission should be creative and original. For Contestants 13 and older, all designs must be created by the person who submits the entry. For Contestants 12 and under, all designs must be submitted by a parent or guardian.
Respect for Existing Copyright: You or your child must be the original author of everything in Submission. By entering, you warrant, either on your behalf or the behalf of your child, that the Submission does not infringe any third party’s rights. If, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, your Submission constitutes copyright infringement, the Submission will be disqualified.
Contestant must hold all rights to the entire design Submission. All images contained in any Submission must be used with proper permission. Contestant agrees to indemnify Sponsor against any and all claims of infringement from any third party for any use by Sponsor of the design Submission. Contestants may not be: 1) represented under contract that would limit or impair Sponsor’s ability to use the design in any media form; 2) are under a merchandising agreement; or 3) are under any other contractual relationship, including but not limited to guild and/or union memberships, that may prohibit them from participating fully in this promotion, or from allowing Sponsor to use royalty-free, the Submission worldwide in all media in perpetuity.
No Submission may depict any offensive or obscene subject matter as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. No Submission shall portray Sponsor in a negative light. Sponsor reserves the right to exclude any design that we believe doesn’t meet the above criteria, at our sole discretion.
5. JUDGING: Judging will be completed in one round.
A panel of qualified judges will conduct judging of all Qualified Submissions received during the Contest Period. Each submission will be judged on the following criteria:
Creativity (25 points)
Prominence of Themes within the design (25 points)
Technical Merit (25 points)
Collective Use of Media (25 points)
In the event of a tie, double value will be given to the Creativity criteria.
All entries will be prescreened to ensure the entries have correctly met the Submission Guidelines and meet with Sponsor’s general standards and practices prior to any judging. (“Qualified Submissions”).
At any time before, during or after the Contest Period, Sponsor may, in its discretion, chose to post or distribute one (1) or more Submissions online (including on our website, and third-party websites) or on other media for promotional purposes only. Posting of this/these Submission(s) will not mean that said Submissions are a Selected Contestant.
Any Submission that is considered by Sponsor in its sole discretion to be obscene, libelous, inapposite to the reputation of Sponsor, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate, or which otherwise does not comply with these Official Rules will be disqualified. Except as otherwise stated in these Official Rules, personal information collected in connection with this Contest will be used to administer the Contest, and as outlined in these rules. For any public display of minor/children’s entries, Sponsor will identify them only with their initials and age, unless additional permission is granted by guardian. All other entries may be displayed with first initial and last name. Any communication or information transmitted to Sponsor and/or the Website by electronic mail or otherwise is and will be treated as non-confidential and nonproprietary. Proof of submitting any Submission is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt of such Submission. Furthermore, Sponsor shall have no liability for any Submission that is lost, intercepted or not received by the Sponsor. Winners will be announced on or around June 5th, 2021.
6. PRIZES: There will be one winner for each of the top Selected Contestants in each category for a total of three (3) grand Prizes, consisting of:
- One Gift Card from FLAXART ($25.00)
- One Gift Card for pizza from Zachary’s Pizza ($35.00)
- Three Gift Cards for Jamba Juice ($30.00 total )
- 6 t-shirts with winning design custom printed on by Oaklandish ($500 per 6 custom t’s )
Total Approximate Retail Value of all prizes(“ARV”): $590
Selected Contestants will be notified by either phone or email at the sole discretion of Sponsor or Sponsor’s representative. Selected Contestants will be required to respond (as directed) to a phone and/or e-mail notification within 48 hours of attempted notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize; and, in such case, Sponsor may choose the next highest scoring Submission from among the remaining eligible submissions. Selected Contestants will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (“Declaration”) and any other documents Sponsor or Sponsor’s representative may require within 48 hours of receipt of the Affidavit. Failure to timely return a signed Declaration or other required documents or the return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in Prize forfeiture. Federal and state income taxes may apply and are the sole responsibility of the winner. All expenses not specifically stated as being included are excluded, and are the responsibility of the Selected Contestants. No assignment, transfer or substitution of Prize is permitted, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of comparable or greater value should Prize become impracticable to award or unavailable for any reason. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of Selected Contestant.
All potential prize winners must provide Sponsor with all signatures on required paperwork and return all documents in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules in order to be eligible to receive the prize. Contestants may not resell, assign or transfer any of their rights in their Submissions under these Official Rules.
7. CONDITIONS. Contest is subject to these Official Rules. By participating, Contestants agree: (i) to be bound by these complete Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor which shall be final and binding; and (ii) to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules, except where prohibited by law. By accepting a prize, Selected Contestant agrees to release Sponsor, including its parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities together with the respective directors, employees, officers, licensees, licensors and agents, and respective advertising and promotion entities and any person or entity associated with the production, judging, or administration of the Contest (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability, loss or damage arising from or in connection with awarding, receipt and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize-related activities. Releases shall not be liable for: (i) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (ii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iii) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Contest; or (iv) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Contest. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Contest, in its sole discretion, should it receive fewer than 30 entries, or receive no entries that have a judged score above 60 points, or due to circumstances beyond its control, including natural disasters. Submissions will not be returned and may be destroyed. The internal laws of the State of California will govern disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Contest. All cases and claims pertaining to this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in the county of Alameda.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control, corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Contest. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines such entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest in any way by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other players or Sponsor representatives. Use of automated entry devices or programs is prohibited. Any attempts to access the site, enter the Contest or increase votes or views via a bot script, device or brute-force attack will result in disqualification, including that IP address becoming ineligible for the entire Contest. Caution: any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and will result in disqualification from participation in the contest. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney fees) to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
8. PUBLICITY. By participating, entrants agree that Sponsor, its shareholders, agents and representatives, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors are not responsible or liable for, and shall be released and held harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with or resulting from participation in the Contest, or acceptance of the prize, including without limitation, claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. Sponsor reserves the right to use the Submissions to the Contest for publicity purposes prior to, during, or after the Contest end date, in any media, and to use the name, likeness, hometown name, of any Contestant, including all or part of their design throughout the world, in perpetuity, without any compensation or prior review unless specifically prohibited by law. Contestants will not be paid for their Submissions or for granting Sponsor any of these rights. Should any Selected Contestant be unwilling or otherwise unable to provide permissions and or releases or otherwise cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason, the Selected Contestant with the next highest score will be chosen from the remaining entries until one who is able to meet all requirements can be selected.
9. LICENSE. As a condition of entering Contestants hereby provide a One Hundred Eighty (180) day exclusive irrevocable worldwide license to Sponsor after which time, Sponsor shall retain a perpetual non-exclusive license to use the Submissions in any and all media throughout the world, in perpetuity, for any purpose whatsoever, without any additional compensation, the term of which shall be the entire life of the copyright.
10. WAIVER OF JURY TRIAL. Except as prohibited by applicable law and as a condition of participating in this Contest, each Contestant hereby irrevocably and perpetually waives any right s/he may have to a trial by jury in respect of any litigation directly or indirectly arising out of, under or in connection with this contest, any document or agreement entered into in connection herewith, any prize available in connection herewith, and any of the transactions contemplated hereby or thereby.
11. PRIVACY. All personal information collected by Sponsor will be used for administration of the Contest and artwork Submissions may be displayed with identifying information listed. In the event the artwork displayed was created by a child the name of the child will not be displayed. In addition, Contestants may receive email correspondence from, or on behalf of Sponsor, via electronic communication.
12. OFFICIAL RULES and WINNERS LIST. For a copy of these Official Rules or of the winner(s), access the website at accfb.org/chalkart for 120 days after the Contest ends.
© 2021 Alameda County Community Food Bank. All rights reserved.