Our volunteers out at their local Safeway, helping us make the day a success!
The Saturday before Thanksgiving is one of the year’s biggest grocery shopping days—and it also kicks off one of our biggest food drives. How do we pull it off? Volunteers!
On Saturday, November 18, NBC and Safeway will kick off their “Feed the Need” campaign, during which customers can purchase and donate special grocery bags filled with healthy, high-quality, nonperishable foods for families in our community.
Volunteers’ energy and helping hands are absolutely critical to making this day a success. Last year, our volunteers helped us collect nearly 150,000 meals on kick-off weekend!
Sign up here for a shift (10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. or 12 p.m – 2 p.m.) at your local Safeway:
- Tri-Valley Safeway Stores
- Hayward, Castro Valley and Southern Alameda County Safeway Stores
- Upper Oakland Safeway Stores
- San Leandro Safeway Stores
- Emeryville, Albany and Berkeley Safeway Stores
- Fruitvale and Alameda Safeway Stores
We’re excited for you to join us!