Our volunteers out at their local Safeway, helping us make the day a success!
The Saturday before Thanksgiving is one of the year’s biggest grocery shopping days—and it also kicks off one of our biggest food drives. How do we pull it off? Volunteers!
On Saturday, November 17, NBC and Safeway will kick off their “Feed the Need” campaign, during which customers can purchase and donate special grocery bags filled with healthy, high-quality, nonperishable foods for families in our community.
Volunteers’ energy and helping hands are absolutely critical to making this day a success. Last year, volunteers helped encourage food donations equaling 300,000 meals in Alameda County alone!
Sign up here for a shift (10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. or 12 p.m – 2 p.m.) at your local Safeway:
- Tri-Valley Safeway Stores
- Hayward, Castro Valley and Southern Alameda County Safeway Stores
- Upper Oakland Safeway Stores
- San Leandro Safeway Stores
- Emeryville, Albany and Berkeley Safeway Stores
- Fruitvale and Alameda Safeway Stores
We’re excited for you to join us!