Fall is slowly starting to creep in. Kids are back in school, pumpkin spice is popping up on menus, and fall veggies are filling up our warehouse. We especially love kale this time of year – it’s great in salads, soups, or even sauteed as a side dish.
We’re taking kale beyond salad with these baked kale chips – so delicious and simple, you won’t even know they’re healthy and approved by our nutrition team. Perfect for an afternoon snack or a side at lunchtime.
- 1 bunch curly kale
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Seasonings of choice, to taste. We suggest: salt and vinegar, garlic powder and Parmesan, lemon and salt.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Rinse and thoroughly dry kale. Remove stems, then tear into large pieces.
- Add to a large mixing bowl and drizzle with olive oil and seasonings of choice. Toss thoroughly to combine.
- Spread kale over large baking sheets in an even layer so the leaves do not overlap.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until crispy and slightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly – chips will crisp a bit more once out of the oven.