Is there any better way to start your morning than a stack of warm pancakes?
The orange juice in these fluffy pancakes keep them light, and adds a punch of citrus flavor. Plus, the oats add protein and fiber, making these pancakes a bit healthier. Many of the ingredients are commonly found in our warehouse, and our nutrition team often recommends this recipe to our agency partners as a healthy twist on an old favorite.
• ½ cup all-purpose flour
• ½ cup whole wheat flour
• ½ cup quick cooking oats
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• 1 large egg
• ¾ cup orange juice
• ½ cup nonfat milk
• 2 tablespoon canola oil
• Non-stick cooking spray
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder and salt.
2. Lightly beat egg in another large bowl.
3. Add orange juice, milk and canola oil to egg. Mix well.
4. Coat large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat.
5. Add wet ingredient to dry ingredients. Do not over mix.
6. Pour ¼ cup batter into hot pan for each pancake.
7. Flip pancakes when edges are slightly browned, about 3-4 minutes. Cook second side for 2-3 minutes more.
Photo from flickr user @veganfeastcatering.