The ultimate fall comfort food, chili is the perfect thing to warm you up on these colder days. The best part about it? It’s a one-pot meal that’s ready in under an hour. It’s packed with flavor and chunky veggies.
Bonus points: it’s even approved by our nutrition team.
Black Bean & Sweet Potato Chili
- 1 tablespoon, 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 ½ cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 15-oz can low-sodium black beans, rinsed
- 1 14.5-oz can low-sodium diced tomatoes
- ½ cup dried quinoa
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- Optional: top with avocado and cilantro
- In a large, heavy bottom pot, heat olive oil on medium-high.
- Add the sweet potato and onion and cook for about 5 minutes, until onion is softened.
- Add garlic, chili powder, chipotle, cumin, and salt – stir to combine.
- Add the stock, tomatoes, black beans, and quinoa. Bring the mixture to a boil. Stir everything to combine.
- Cover the pot and reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, until quinoa is fully cooked and sweet potatoes are soft.
- Add the lime juice and remove pot from heat. Season with salt to taste.
- Optional: Garnish with avocado, cilantro, sour cream, or cheese before serving.