Volunteers are needed to sort and pack food at our Oakland warehouse
To minimize the risk of exposure from COVID-19 we are limiting the number of unduplicated visitors to our facility and are seeking volunteers (ages 18+) who can commit to joining us for full days, at least once a week, for at least 5 weeks. August volunteer opportunities at the Food Bank are now full.
We will need an even greater number of volunteers in September.
Please register now: September Food Bank Volunteering.
Please, NO DROP-INS.
For questions and information about volunteer needs at our partner organizations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important: New Covid-19 safety rules.
- Volunteers must be age 18 or older.
- We encourage volunteers to follow the CDC recommendation that populations at higher risk of severe COVID-19 illness (age 65+ and those with underlying medical conditions) continue to self-isolate, but we will not be barring them from volunteer service.
All volunteers will be required to:
- Complete a daily health survey
- Adhere to distancing guidelines at all times
- Wear self-provided face coverings that meet CDC standards and food bank-provided gloves
- Wash hands frequently, assist in facility sanitizing and follow all CDC recommendations.